Re: [RC] [RC] battle of the sexes - Shelley Kerr

       <Well, while mares do not seem to be the popular choice, they are always my first choice.>

I agree with the mares being my first choice.  They don't seem to get as herd bound as a gelding will when mixed with mares and if you have a stallion show up and there is a gelding mixed with mares, he can become a nightmare to ride.  Just because they cut certain body parts off, doesn't mean he's not a stud deep down.  A "male" is a "male" no matter what.  I've never had the problem with mares supposedly having attitudes that time of the month....especially when the ones that say stuff like that don't even know when their time is!  I always have to laugh at that.  But what it really all comes down to, is a good horse is a "good" horse because of the time we spend with them on training and creating that bond.  I've had good horses and I've had exceptional horses, but it really didn't make any difference what their gender was.

Shelley