Re: [RC] battle of the sexes - XOXOPlatinumGurl

       Well, while mares do not seem to be the popular choice, they are always my first choice. Through my endless campaigning and reasoning, they have become the favorites for everyone in my family, as well.
       To me, mares seem to have more attitude than geldings (and I don't have much experience with stallions), and are just so much more fun. Not to say that geldings don't have some things on mares. Geldings usually (not always) tend to be sweeter, but then again, sometimes they're just so level-headed, they seem to have no personality. Not to say some mares are not like this, but all of my mares have had that "I'm-gonna-kick-some-butt-'cause-I'm-the-queen" attitude that is just so refreshing. *grin*
       Also, on a more practical level, mares have more uses than just as an endurance horse. Say, for example (and we all hope this doesn't happen, but sometimes things don't go the way we wish they would) you have an excellent horse, nice conformation, will to win, and just an all-around great endurance horse, but it is somehow is injured and needs a while off. A long while off. Well, while a gelding could only be a pretty pasture ornament for this time, a mare could be bred, and give you a (hopefully) nice foal while you both wait out her injury.
       Well, that's my input!

-Samantha Thomson