[RC] vet holds - Larry Miller

Its amazing how much time you can make up on the people that come zooming
> into the gate/holds.

  I have done this for years.  I even start last so I miss the craziness of the front runners.  Just don't care to deal with that anymore.  It is amazing the number of horses I gain on at the first vet check.  And then one passes even more at the 2nd.  And I have observed the same folks year after year let the craziness take over.  It is not to say that one can't run in front and get great recoveries.  If the homework of conditioning has been done, then one can run in front and get those pulses to drop stat.  Seen it done and have done it myself.  But I prefer to do it the other way.  No jockeying for position and a lot safer.  Besides, getting older and shrinking does put some saneness into one's brain.  Jeanie