[RC] bitless bridle - Ed Kilpatrick

i use a bitless bridle on my mustang sometimes.  he is really strong, heavy muscled, especially in the neck.  one thing that has not been mentioned is the fact that you can  do one rein stops with a bitless bridle too.  you need to teach your horse this from the ground before you try it from the saddle.  it is a really good technique to stop a hard charging horse, or one that just decides he doesnt want to do things your way.  also works great for a horse that bolts because he has been frightened.  i like my bitless bridle, but it is not for every horse and not for every rider.   ed