Re: [RC] Pulls/AERC - Merryben

The changes must be made by the ride manager.  It is frustrating cause a year ago the same sort of thing happened to me.  My horse passed the vet check totally sound.  During the hold time I noticed that he was missing a hind shoe.  He also had a cut on the bulb of his heel.  I took him back to the vets who said he was sound and I could go on if I wanted.  I discovered that I had missed a loop, as did a whole bunch of other people, because of the poorly marked trail and a missing spotter who had moved down the road from where she was supposed to be.  To make a long story short, I decided that I did not want to go back and redo the missed loop so opted to pull my horse, who was still sound and able to go on if I wanted.  The ride manager refused to change the results so there it is.  Pulled, lame on the official records.     mb