Re: [RC] Rides on the same weekend - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 1/10/2003 7:26:44 PM Pacific Standard Time, nvrider@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have never
received a notice from Terry nor from the Tevis people about when I can
submit an entry, and they both have limits.  In fact, the Tevis is in the
new EN and it doesn't even state that it has limited entries.  I hope you
give them as hard of a time if you wait till a few weeks before the ride to
enter and find out it is full.

Well, Terry does post it to Ridecamp well in advance that the entries are coming out and that the ride fills up pretty fast.  She also mails out entries to the year's previous entries as well as to other people who have attended her other rides.  I don't think anybody would feel like they didn't have the opportunity to enter Warner's, they just have to be quick.

The Tevis is such a big ride, most people do research it and know in advance that the limit is 250 if somehow that got left out of EN.  They DO mail entries out to the previous year's entries which is pretty nice of them.

So, you're suggesting that Tammy have a ride that is only 65 miles away from Cuyama on the same weekend?  What's the next ride that you're managing?  Why don't you host one on Tevis weekend 2003?   Cowboy up.

Sylvia