[RC] [RC] weights for FEI - where to find them - Flora Hillman

Short of finding an eventing rider who would be happy to give away their old weights and pads (since eventing as of 1998 no longer required a minimum weight), I think the easiest and most expedient resource would be the horse racing crowd.  Most racehorses (Tb and QH) have to carry weights when running in a handicap, so...  if you contact a trainer or racehorse stable in your area, they can tell you where you can go to get what you need -- either to buy, or borrow.

I also heard that (relatively speaking) it is far easier on the horse if the rider carries the extra weight.  Something about the dynamics of active support vs. static,  et al.  But... 10 lbs strapped to your waist or hips for 50 to 100 miles???  Yuck.