Subject: [RC] sky hook tether - DreamWeaver

Hi marc--I did a comparison of the different types that are currently on the market:

http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/horse/ties.html

When I first put this up last year I had just changed over from the Trailer-Ties (no longer made) to the new Hi-Ties. Since then my horses have spent several weeks on the ties (I think 8 weeks in the last year) and most of the time I have two horses with me. I have refrained from adding any comments on the poll (if you vote in the poll at the bottom of the page you can read all of the comments left by others, or add your own). My intention in putting this information up was to make people aware of all of the various types of horse ties that are available and to provide the information so that people can make their own decisions as to what will work best for their horse. I did add a link to some comments that I put up in regards to things I have learned about tying my horses (how and with what).

The main reason why I like the Hi-Ties the best is because they are QUIET and easy put up. My horses both did their obligatory hind leg over the rope while scratching an ear stunt with the earlier ties they had, so to date none of them have had any mishaps with the new ties. I just really like how quiet they are, there isn't anything else out there that is as quiet (at least, not with a horse tied to it <g>). Before the ties, I used corral panels. These are much safer for my horses. The arms are long enough to allow my horses freedom to lie down, roll, and when left behind -- gallop in circles if they so desire. :-) The hi-ties now also come with mounts that will let your arm fold either horizontally or vertically.

If there are any new ones I need you guys out there to let me know. Or, if you'd like to send a photo of your horse on a different kind I can add that too so people can see what each type looks like.

Karen
in NV