[RC] desitin in girth - Louise Bower

Have you tried combing the fleece with a dog wire groomer before you put it in the wash?  Might want to brush it when it is clean as well.   I like to brush my wool saddle pads, it fluffs the fleece up and when you comb it after the sweat dries it will really clean out all the stiff stuff so you don't have to wash them as often. Don't know if the sticky Desitin would come out though.    Louise