Re: [RC] Trahkenhers - trailsz

My first endurance mount was Aphrodite, aka "Tia", a Trahk./Westphelen/TB cross mare I bred & trained.  I did some C/T & some endurance on her, nothing more than 30 miles.  She had a wonderful, ground-covering trot, and finished all the rides in good condition, but didn't really like endurance.  I had thought she'd be great with it, as Trahkenhers have a history of surviving a long trek across Prussia during one of the World Wars, (Second, I think) and were been used as cavalry horses in Europe.
And she had wonderful breeding, being a daughter of Chrysos, & grandaughter of Condus, both fabulous International competitors & sires.  I finally realized that I needed a distance horse who loved the trail as much as I did, and that turned out to be Raffalin, the wonderful Arabian gelding I obtained from Mark Dees.

Sarah Zegers