Re: [RC] question about "knowing" horse - Heidi Smith

>I've heard that some vets know how to make a horse pee?  Is this true?  And if so I'd appreciate any and all tips!

Well, I don't think my DVM degree helps with this phenomenon one little bit <g>, but often if I get off to pee, my horse will pee, too!  Also, riding with another horse that is not shy about urinating whenever the urge hits is a big help in getting a shy one to go.  And when they DO go, reinforce their actions with lots of praise.  (Where but among endurance riders do you hear half a dozen people muttering "Good boy, good boy" every time any horse within hearing distance urinates.....)

Heidi