[RC] RE:pop-up campers - Carol Stiles

Celeste, I just bought a used Scamper pop-up and love it. Besides being about half the weight of my full size camper it also has much less wind resistance, which translates into better gas mileage for my truck. I have a 3/4 ton Diesel ext. cab with an 8' bed and the Scamper fits perfectly without hanging over the back of the truck. You can usually find a used Scamper, Jayco, or Sunlite  for a few thousand. Mine was $2900. Full size campers are nice because of all the room inside but my engine ('93 Chevy, crummy engine) just couldn't handle it with the horse trailer in the hills.

Carol