Re: [RC] loose salt - Stephanie E Caldwell

Kathie,

>>I've heard a lot about "loose salt" but don't know how to properly feed it "loose" or where to buy it.<<

I used to use regular salt, then I started using sea salt because my horse preferred it. But, I talked to a researcher at Univ of Kentucky who had done some studies on salt, they were on the Gluck website then, and he strongly recommended the salt from ABC (Brain fart... I can't remember the name of it right now...) and I also use the Rush Creek Mineral from ABC, I put them on seperate sides of the tub for my mare, but she eats more salt.

>>I use salt blocks but have always been curious about the loose stuff, but really don't know anything about it.<<

I went to buy a salt block last night. I'd been using them through the winter because my pan was freezing with water in it for days on end, it seemed easier. But, all the blocks tractor supply had were 20% - 60% protien, could that be making my horse more hyper? I had a heart attack and spent money on a really nice loose mineral feeder instead!

Steph