[RC] HELP-Horse with shy bladder!! - Lori Bertolucci

Hi all. I am in serious need of some help. And I know I can't be the only one with this problem. My gelding won't pee on the trail, yet makes it very clear that he needs to. He waits til we get back home after a ride. He has twice now peed when out riding, but after a very long time needing to go. I pat and praise him when he does, but so far he hasn't gotten the idea. Instead he will start slowing way down and then crossing his front legs. It is funny to see, and if I get off of him he forgets about peeing and wants me to scratch his head.
Any suggestions out there?
Thanks,
Lori B.