Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Horse getting loose while bridling

In a message dated 4/8/2003 8:23:55 AM Pacific Standard Time, ridecamp_mail@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

halter
is fastened around his neck, lead rope still attached.

Not a good idea. The best way is to fasten the halter around the neck and UNTIE the lead rope and toss it over your shoulder. Many years ago I used to leave the lead rope tied until one day the horse spooked while I was getting ready to put the bridle on. He freaked badly and started rearing, broke the tie rail and took off down the street with the tie rail slamming into all four of his legs. When finally caught his legs looked liked they belonged to an elephant. He never had clean legs after that.

Bonnie
So. Calif.