[RC] ice packs - David & Maggie

Found this recipe for freezer packs on the sidesaddle list. Thought I'd share it with y'all. The lady uses them for her bad knees. Should work on horses, too. These are the kind that don't freeze solid, just stay really cold.

Maggie in Ohio

In a heavy gallon ziplock style bag mix 1-1/2 cup water and 3/4 cup of rubbing alcohol.  I used double that amount to make it heavier.  The abount of water can be increased or decreased to give the consistency you want.  I double bagged mine to prevent leaks.  Works great and saves a ton a money.