[RC] spring shots - Debby Stai

Years ago when stationed in Georgia, the vet there gave shots in the butt.  The first time my two guys couldn't/wouldn't walk . The next time, took them out and lunged them for 30minutes or so and they were fine.  When we moved to Texas, they only did it in the neck.  The next day, the horses couldn't/wouldn't put their heads down to eat their hay.  NOt all of them but several, with these ones I gave them a dose of bute the day before and the day of and they were fine, the other thing that seemed to help them was turning them out and letting them graze, kind of like they helped prevent it from getting sore.  I have had several that have reactions to certain shots, Ft. Dodge brands primarily, but I was told today that the rabies vaccine can make a horse very sore, so maybe that was the culprit vaccine.  We were told though to not work a horse when he's been given the nasal rhino and the nasal strangles but the vet won't give these at the same time as the injections.  I also dont' work the day of worming.  Heidi, when you say pectorals, where exactly is that on a horse I'm embarrassed to ask.
Debby