[RC] UAE World Cup - bgray

I'm in Amsterdam on my home to the USA.

What a fantastic experience at the Dubai World Cup.
The staging was like an Olympic Event.
I enjoyed the ride management and the hospitality of Dubai.
It was an incredible experience.

First, I was very comfortable in the UAE. Sheikh Mohammed came to our
Endurance Village on numerous occasions to assure us and our families
of our safety in the UAE. He is quite an amazing person. His own endurance
stable is just down the street (in the middle of nowhwere one hour from
Dubai), and it is very impressive and all his horses look fantasic.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed being around 38 countries of endurance
riders who all enjoy the love of the endurance horses. It was a special
experience!

The Endurance Village is impressive!  A permanent facility of shaded crew
areas, trot out lanes, timer head quarters, rider/crew (or Sheikh)
lunchrooms with catered (free) food! Even when you train on the trails
you are followed by an EMT emergency vehicle with lots of water. There was
even a media press conference with the Presidents of airlines, banks other
Sheikhs..... They all love endurance here!!!!
We were entertained with Arabian Night Extravaganza evenings, gifts special
invitations to the Dubai Gold Cup - 6M TB race in Dubai.
Wow, I was treated like a princess!! Wow

The race was HOT, sandstorms etc.  There were a lot of pulls since the
conditions were so bad. The vets are the Best from around the world,
including our USA vets like Jim Baldwin and Ray Randall.  I believe you
could have been pulled for a fly bite. The hold for the 4th loop even
extended.  They were very, very strict!!!!!!!! For the benefit of the horse.
As usual they had horse rescue trailers all around the course, EMTs for the
riders, Police to stop traffic and Ride Stewards to check your numbers and
make certain the vehicles didn't get to close to you on the trails.  There
were water stops everywhere!! And remember your crew can follow the entire
course to keep you hydrated and entertained.

I changed a lot of my regular race protocal. I changed to the Myler
Combination bit (now I have control), started 5minutes after the the main
start, and administered huge doses of my electrolytes and probiotics. The
slow steady pace really helped.  I entered the first hold at place #80 and
finished 14th with Regalidon aka Pals vet scores The Best check at the
finish...YAHOO

It was one of the best expereinces of my endurance career.
I plan to go back!!!! The UAE is incredible.
Thank you race management and Sheikh Mohammed...You Go!!!!

Need to catch that flight to the USA!!!!!!!
Yahoo,
Beverly Gray and Regalidonaka Paladin