Re: [RC] Horses and Husbands - GoldenCMK

In a message dated 3/29/03 10:37:34 AM Central Standard Time, karla@xxxxxxxx writes:

REALLY *need* him to go trail riding with you and that green horse that needs to just walk thru that really beautiful area of the trail. Find ways of needing his opinions, help and large, strong body to help around your horses. Tell him how *hot* he looks in the barn all dirty

Well, I hate to say that works but it did in my case. My husband never rode before we were married and I decided to take up endurance one day and asked if he would ride with me while I conditioned a green stallion of ours. So I put him up on a pregnant mare, Jezireh. He fell in love with riding. He ended up doing LDs on the green stallion until Jezireh weaned her foal. That was three yrs ago. He and that mare are doing 100s now, they have over a 1000 miles and top heavy weight in central region last year.

Maria