Re: [RC] [RC] FW: More Dubai - Susan Young Casey

I don't know guys.  16 finishers out of 120 starters.  That's an 87% FAILURE rate.  But, that may be what they go for over there.

Boy am I glad our rides are run with the horses' welfare in mind.  I can't think of a sport where an 87% failure rate would be acceptable.

 Philip Hirst <chahalam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There was only 16 finishers out of 120 starters, but i belive the finishes avaged out the speed at 21 km/h. and only 4 of these horses are from outside the uae (2 from usa and 2 from germany).

Susan Young Casey, Princess of Pink, LIW, RRHA, RHS
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Do you Yahoo!?