Re: [RC] headsetting part - Stephanie E Caldwell

As the husband of a 10-time National Champion in saddle seat, as well as a
world cup qualifier, you could not find a kinder or gentler person with
people or horses.  Her hands are so soft and her seat so deft that when
she
hops on anyone's horse the owner invariable begs her to ride the horse
again, and the horse agrees.  I might have accused her trainers of abusing
her when she worked so hard that her legs were raw, but her horses were
treated with nothing but kindness and care.

Didn't I say that wasn't directed at anybody in here? LOL

I lease a barn from a retired saddle seat trainer, and Linda is like your
wife. Kind, gentle, good on the ground. She refuses to ride, so I can't
comment on that, but what about other trainers? One of my neighbors is a
saddleseat trainer, I know what goes on at his barn and I refuse to speak to
the man. The guy I rode for regularly hot nailed his horses, made them step
prettier. His horses were beat regularly. The bits that many of them use are
abusive just hanging in the barn!

The majority of saddle seat people have good seats, and that's what drew me.
Being able to stay on a Saddlebred in a saddle seat saddle was an
accomplishment, and their hands are far better than most Dressage people,
but even with wonderful hands look at the bits they use.

Stephanie