Fw: Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] WNV vaccine for infected horses - Shelley Kerr

What is the treatment protocol for those not very close to vet care and the "want" to know?....for just in case.

I know someone who believed their horse became ill with epm (?) protozoan enecephamaliatis (sp?).  They started treatiing the horse with colloidal silver and supposedly the horse recovered.  The reason I talk as if I'm skeptical is because the horse was 12 years old and his conformation was such that he was not capable of "collecting" the way an english person may like.  The people boarded this horse at a lady's place who was...to me....very english oriented and to ride a horse on a loose rein was unheard of.  They were riding the horse alot and doing alot of what I would call english type riding and trying to establish collection.  The horse became lame and the local vet didn't know what was wrong with him.  I believe he became lame because of the riding/training they were pushing onto this horse who physically wasn't capable of doing what they were asking.  The overworking of his lax muscles caused him to go lame and therefore when they started treating him and not riding him as much, he recovered.  Has anyone else encountered a similar situation?
I know I'm babbling about something that has nothing to do with this so I'll get back on track.
So my question was, what is the treatment?
Thanks
Shelley

The sooner you get a horse on treatment the more likely a positive outcome. Truman