[RC] endurance - Laura Hayes

Here is a story for Dede who requested we get back to endurance, and one for
April who said Leatherwood was this weekend.  I hope she is wrong, because I
am going next weekend...

I haven't had too much time to ride lately, but I managed to get a whole day
today, so I scraped the mud off of my mare, Equal Terms- or at least I
scraped the mud off where the saddle sits....

My husband trailered us the 10 or 12 miles to Scandia PA - one of the most
beautiful places I have ever ridden - luckily right in my backyard.  I met
two friends there and did a great 14 mile loop with them.  They went back to
their trailer and I started riding home.

E and I had a GREAT time, we saw a big black/gray coyote, many deer and
grouse, and tons of great scenery.  The weather was mild, and after this
harsh winter, it seemed heavenly.  The streams were full to overflowing with
crystal clear snow melt, and E felt wonderful.  After the 25 miles, she was
still full of it and floated up the driveway at a trot with me holding her
in.

Twice I got off and picked up Motorola walky talkies - not a matched pair
and about 15 miles apart, but obviously dropped off a snowmobile or 4
wheeler.  Neat find - I don't know if they work, but it is worth a try!

The world isn't a perfect place, and we are all different, with different
perspectives and experiences, but aren't we lucky to live such privileged
lives in such a free country??  Aren't we lucky to be able to ride through
the countryside with such good friends, hear the birds, see the wildlife,
and feel the sun on our faces.  It is something some people never
experience.  We should never forget what we have.

Ride on-

Laura Hayes  AERC#2741