Re: [RC] political posts - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

Oh my goodness. The FEI would have no problem at all sanctioning there. They've sanctioned in some REALLY interesting places. <G> After all, look at the ride in Dubai.

We've all known what was going to happen here for months and no one, especially the Minister of Defense for the UAE, could have been unaware of the fact that international riders would be stuck in essentially a war zone. That said, at least the Canadian government hasn't put Dubai on the list of "leave immediately" countries. Those are only Iraq, Israel, West Bank and Gaza, Jordan, and Kuwait. If your presence is unnecessary, it is recommended to take a leave from Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Yemen, and only advised not to travel to Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates. But then, the Canadians have opted to give this dance a miss as well.

Can''t imagine how hard it would be to sanction a ride in Iraq.....
Brigitt

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
www.ratbusters.net
www.alsorat.com
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." --Leonardo da Vinci