Re: [RC] Breed standard - LSimoni197

The problems that I have with breed inspections are;
It is a taste inspection, the taste of the inspector.  Look how diverse our own tastes are.
In some breeds, this becomes a way of keeping the control of the dollars for breeding in the hands of a very few.
More importantly, When breeding 2 horses, frequently you do not see their characteristics in the foal, but rather the recessive genes form past ancestors come through.  Example, I bred a POA to a bay, I got the most beautiful chestnut.  So, we all know that this occurs with color, but it occurs with other characteristics also.  Sometimes you will see a carbon copy of one of the grandparents, or great grandparents.
As some have said, "Breeding for the perfect dog has served to the detriment of many dog breeds."  People who want a hunting dog do not buy from a show home, but rather from the hunting circle where those characteristics still remain strong. If you want a dog to herd, you do not get it out of the show ring.
Keep the larger gene pool, it is a big advantage.

Lynge