Re: [RC] 2002 National Awards (Part Two) - FancyNite

In a message dated 03/17/2003 5:32:57 PM Central Standard Time, CLRidnhigh@xxxxxxx writes:

The single AERC Championship ride winners up to 5th place in each weight division in a single 100 mile ride and a single 50 mile ride got awesome awards. That is the AERC ride they put on and the AERC spends more money and on organization on that single ride than award winners riding all year long. They got really nice trophies about 2 ft high. A large one for 1st place and smaller ones for the remaining 4 in each weight division.

I am probably going to step on a few toes here.... SO DELETE NOW if you feel the need.

The only ones who received trophies & coats were the FIRST place winners in weight divisions. (BCers got a nice glass plague w/ a photo of their horse) 2nd - 5th received plagues and shirts.  I know this because my husband won Res. Champ. MW at the National ride.  I have Lois McAfee's awards, she won Champ. FW and her trophy is NOT 2' high.  I will admit, THEY WERE ALL NICE AWARDS.

I will also agree that inducting Earl into the Hall of Fame, needed a little more pizzazz.  For me, knowing Earl for MOST of my life, it was a TEARY evening.  This man has sponsored me as a junior, we have shared tears and A LOT of laughter through the years, Although Ethel wont let me give him any more of my homemade wine! (eg)  I think I cried for an hour!

I feel ANYONE who WON something should stand AND BE PROUD.  AERC is NOT a wimpy sport and it isn't always easy to receive an award!  Congrats to ALL!  NO MATTER HOW BIG YOUR PRIZE WAS.

Jinnifer Plummer (who is STILL sore from to much dancing :0)
www.wjranch.com