Re: [RC] Thorowgood saddles - trailsz

Hi Darlene,

I don't have a scanner, so can't send a photo.  Go to www.thorowgood.com.  They have a great website with lots of pics.  Yes, mine really is 5#!  Not 15!  Although, when I put all my gear on it, it's probably at least 15.  Mine is a proto-type, and I don't know how much the market ones weigh, probably between 5# & 10#.  I have used it on all sorts of horses, and I use a Skito equilizer pad with it.  It seems to fit them all well.  I use a breast collar & crupper; firmly believe they help keep saddles from pressing on shoulders and loins.  I like the saddle to stay where it's supposed to on the horse's back, and a breastcollar & crupper help accomplish that.

Good luck!

Sarah