Re: [RC] White hairs on body - OT - Kristene Smuts

Thanks for all the replies on the "strange" white hairs on my colt - I knew I
could rely on you!

Was snowed with work yesterday (SOMEbody has to feed the horses) and couldn't
even read any of the mails, so sorry for the late reply.

Nicole said I shouldn't panic, so I'd like to know how long she's been around
horse people - and especially endurance people - to make such a statement and
even THINK it would make sense to that person?  ;-))

I've now actually looked at Ismak with a very critical eye - yep, more critical
than before - and have now noticed a small white spot on his left haunch, sort
of in the hollow above the stifle and his two white socks on the hind legs.
The socks have always been very well defined with a definite demarcation but
last night I noticed that the line is becoming quite blurred, although he
doesn't have white hairs extending up the leg.  What I neglected to mention
before - thought I'd put in more than enough information than was needed and
didn't put in the important info - was that he does have a few white hairs at
the top of his tail - just a few, and I always thought it was rather cute and a
nice way of identifying him as he is a plain dark bay with only the two white
socks, no blaze or any other identifying marks.

Anyway, have a great day and thanks again.

Kristene