[RC] warning-random horse shootings - Kathie Ford

Hi guys, this is important if you live in Northern California right now.  I received an email from a neighbor who heads a local club and put out this warning.

There is someone shooting horses randomly in our local areas in Placer and Nevada counties.  Last week a retired police horse off Lilm-kiln road in Grass Valley, another in Loomis I believe a week ago, and just recently (today I think they said?) an arabian mare in Roseville.  This person came down a private driveway in the middle of the day; they say between early am and early pm.  The owner was home sick and found her mare dead in her own pasture.  Three gunshots to the head.

This is sick.  If you live in any of these areas please be watchful and mindful of anyone or anything suspecious in your area and report it to police.

And be watchful at staging areas too.  This person could be anywhere.

We were also warned that this person could be dangerous to people to if caught in the act.

If anyone wants to verify there was an article in The Nevada Union paper regarding the one in GV.

Take care and be safe,

kathie