RE: [RC] [RC] Board Motions from Steph - Bill and Jan Stevens

Title: Message

>>>From: "Steph Teeter" <Steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: RE: [RC] Board Motions.

Bob - consider that there is also a meeting on Sunday, and a midyear meeting too. I suspect that many of these items will be tabled until Sunday (as new business) or remanded to committee for further review. Barney is very aware of the large amount of business, and short amount of time, and we have discussed the potential for exactly what you describe - rushing things because time is running out. None of us want this. Very little of the business before us will be 'gotta do it now' business. We have a lot to consider, but no need to make snap decisions. Truly we have put an enormous amount of work into this, and nobody is going to want to shortchange any good ideas because we don't have time to fully consider them. If anybody thinks Sergeant Barney's meetings are not well conducted - please come and sit in on the Thursday night session. If you can stay awake, I think you will be very impressed by how far the meetings have come.

Yes, please comments are welcome by all.

Steph<<<

Steph is quite right.  After attending part of last year's BOD meeting on Thursday night(staying awake was somewhat difficult), Sunday's meeting, and the Midyear meeting, I must say that Barney has his ducks in a row.  I had heard the "horror" stories of the meeting marathons and the arguments going on for quite some time.  Very nice to have a meeting where the topic for discussion is brought up and everyone gets a chance to speak.  Often our discussions lead to the motion being remanded to committee for further review and or different wording.  I never felt that we were making snap decisions. We also have the option "to agree to disagree".

Comments are always welcome.  I've received a handful already, and I am considering the opinions and ideas of the members who have written to me before I make my decisions.

Jan Stevens

MTN Region Director