[RC] horses won't drink - Shelley Kerr

How cute! A bunch of horses standing around in mud puddles looking for
carrots. What would they do if you threw the carrot in the water??

I use horse cookies for rewards in training. After I mount I give them a
cookie. It teaches them to stand for as long as you want after mounting.
It's hard for a horse to walk off when he has his neck bent around getting a
treat. Is great for working with their flexion and stretching. And if you
have a horse with no woe? Try saying woe. Wait till they woe and give them
a cookie. My filly will go from a trot to a dead stop on a woe now. They
try to second guess you after a little bit, but keep the legs on them and
they soon figure it out. I watched a tape called "on target" so figured I'd give the treat reward a try to see how it works. My filly really liked it and worked really well the first time I tried it. The second time I got
on her, I cleared my throat. She stopped. I coughed, she stopped. I couldn't
stop giggling to myself about how she was acting. Was pretty hilarious.  She finally figured out that the word "woe" is what she needed to hear before she got a cookie. I know alot of people would be totally against it, but I like it and they learn 10 times quicker what the right response to a
cue needs to be for a reward. It's a pretty interesting training technique.
Shelley