Re: [RC] FEI options - Truman Prevatt

Let me throw this out here as another fish on the table. What if someone chose to run a NATRC ride on the same day on the same trails using the same set of vets and volunteers as an AERC endurance ride. If done correctly it could be a benefit for all. I think it could be done. I don't see why these two separate events could not coexist. The CTR "officials" would have no jurisdiction over the endurance ride and the endurance officials would have none over the CTR. The CTR horses would be judged by their standard and the endurance horses by their standard, e.g. an endurance horse would not be penalized for presenting for a pulse over 44 and the CTR horse would ( I think that is NATRC, maybe not but I know it is IAHA since I have worked IAHA championship CTR's).

But suppost now we have to have all the horses tied to thier trailers - makes it easier for the NATRC judges. Now suppost we have to have all the riders go through some other hoop. Would it work for long - nope it wouldn't.

As long as the rides are run separately without damanding some sort of integration - there shouldn't be a problem. The same seems to me to be true for AERC/FEI.  So why is there an issue with FEI rides? Seems it comes down to a matter of jurisdiction. AERC matters are AERC matter and FEI matters are FEI matters and why the hell is a FEI official getting involved with a rider in the AERC ride unless that rider is also in the FEI ride? Do we need an AERC strewart at these cosanctioned rides to make sure the boundaries are clear and enforced?

The issue about Coggins is funny. If a Coggins is good enough for the USDA - or the Ag Nazi's at the FL border for that matter (try getting a flaky Coggins past one of them on a bad day, they have even questioned if a horse was gray or white before) - they sure the hell should be good enough for the FEI. It's not their papers or their requirements, it's the USDA's. My horse's Coggins now have pictures of the horses so let's see them bitch about that :-).

Truman

John & Sue Greenall wrote:
Truman said;
They saw it as the inclusion of FEI had led to more rules - rules for
which they saw no rhyme or reason and also some were things
they were not told about prior to the ride starting. One
was very upset that an FEI official yelled at her for carrying a hay
bag in line and threatened to DQ her.

Well, that's the type of attitude I am also seeing...officials dictating
rules at riders, whether it be the size of your paddock or the
diagram of your horse on your coggins test.  I once had an FEI vet
tell me how incorrect my coggins was...without knowing that the
FEI vet standing next to him had done it!!!  The only reason I am
voicing these comments is in an attempt to have those involved
with FEI rides realize how they sometimes come across...all in the
name of "the rules".  I know many of these people, have ridden with
them, been vetted by them, and like them.  But something
happens to people when given a "title" and I am sure that in all
honesty, they thought that they were acting correctly.  If we all just
take a deep breath and step back so that we can see the whole
picture, I am convinced that FEI rides will be able to coexist with
AERC rides.

Tom Hutchinson said;
 If you really get down to it, the FEI rules are very gray,

they give you places to go depending on the conditions and the

level of the ride.

Right Tom!  And our officials need to see in gray more, not so
black and white.  If implimenting a rule means disqualifying
someone or creating adverse conditions for the horse...by
golly...find a way around it!!!!
John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall