Re: [RC] Endurance riding/racing growing pains - Truman Prevatt

I am sure you will hear this but it takes money, time and people. It is a big undertaking. I also believe it would be difficult to pull off without sponsorship. Unlike the UAE that has built in sponsorship, there doesn't seem any one sponsor in the US that will step up to help foot the bill so the money will have to be raised. I think it was '98 when the WEC was scheduled to be in Ireland but the major sponsor pulled out and it was switched to the UAE.

Money is a very important factor. I also suspect that potential large corporate sponsors are not going to want to get involved with the WEC based on the two dead horses in Spain. That would not be good PR - and I can't say that I blame them.

Truman

LSimoni197@xxxxxxx wrote:
This is a most interesting subject!
How can we AERC members direct the future of the top level of endurance Internationally?
Well, we might just develop a new bar.
How could we do that?
Well, we could require more than a one day 100 mile race.  Can the horse come back and do more on the next day?
Maybe we could raise the bar to 2 races, a week apart.
Could we make the highest level of competition be 250 miles in a week?
Both of these ideas would require the rider to save horse for the next day.
Could we sit down with FEI and plan the locations of the next 10 World events, making sure that the countries with the larger numbers of membership in their local organizations had a representative number of events in their country?
If FEI really was influenced by all of the membership Nations, we would not just have Arab flat track races.

Lynge