[RC] Horse wieght-loss diet help needed - Wendy Mancini

>   What can I use to help get his weight under control for more = aggressive conditioning?

    I agree with Heidi, don't change diet.  The weight will come off as you increase exercise.
    My guy was fat, cresty neck, couldn't feel ribs, deep gutter on butt.  I fed him only hay the first year & he was on trail 2-3 times a week, walk - canter, 5-10 mi. each.  He came down a little.  Then I started conditioning for endurance, a little more weight off.  Once we started doing 50s, it started to melt & I started increasing feed (grain, beetpulp, even fat) to maintain at just perfect.  When he finished his season he still had a good condition score & now it's all muscle.