Re: [RC] Endurance riding/racing growing pains - Howard Bramhall

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Endurance riding/racing growing pains

>As measured by the membership of AERC Int. the number that actually care about international riding is arguably small. The number that actually need these rides is even smaller ( many AERC Int members don't pursue international riding - just support it). My last recollection the number of AERC Int members less than 400 whereas the AERC membership is about 6000. Given these small numbers and the impact some feel, the Fruth proposal does seem to hold some merit.

Small??  Nearly 10% is small??  I'd wager that that's as many or more than care about the AERC National Championship system.  It is likely more than care who wins the Jim Jones award.  And how many out there compete with their kids toward family awards?  Our membership is so diverse that I'd beg to differ that 400 members interested in the same thing is an insignificant number.

---------

I do believe nearly, as in almost, 10 per cent, is a small number.  It's not a large one, not middle of the pack, but one out of ten, which is no where close to a majority.  The LDers hold a much larger percentage of AERC members, but, have less of a voice than the International Riders.  Maybe, someday soon, this will all change.  If FEI, endurance, keeps running it's program into the ground overseas I do believe that nearly ten percent number will steadily decline. (Actually 400 divided by 6,000 is  6.66 percent which is closer to 5 percent than it is to 10).

cya,
Howard