[RC] Congrats to Judy and Warpaint at Death Valley - nick warhol

Hi everyone- I got the phone call I wanted yesterday from Judy, who just
finished up at the Death Valley Encounter.  I could not attend this year
because of work; it was tough not being there, since we have been there 6 of
the last 7 years, I think. Judy drove down with Becky Glaser, Warpaint, and
Wabi.  Judy was going to start on Warpaint and see how it went, to no one's
surprise they made it all four days AGAIN!  This is actually a milestone for
the duo, they become the first rider and horse pair to complete 1000 miles
at the Death Valley Ride.  Way to go, Warpaint the wonder Appaloosa!  He's
getting up there in age at 18 now, but is still full of fire.

In recognition and to honor this amazing horse I have created a new award
for the Death Valley ride.  Any horse and rider pair who complete 1000 miles
at the DVE will receive a blanket for their achievement, that has their
names on it, along with the words:  "The Nachi Sunshine Award, for 1000
miles together at the Death Valley Encounter."  (Nachi Sunshine is
Warpaint's registered name)

Randy Coleman is right there at 950 miles after this year on Pandora's
Pixie, and I know Karen Chaton is closing in on the award, and she might be
the first one to win it on TWO horses.   And speaking of Karen, check out
her pictures, on the first page is a picture of Becky Glaser.  That's the
infamous Wabi there behind her, he did 2 days, his fifth and 6th 50 I think,
being ridden in his Parelli string halter.  Pretty cool!  Way to go Wabi!

For me the day belongs to Warpaint.  He has been at this game for 11 years
now, fighting off several career and one life threatening medical problems.
He just keeps coming back, and we are closing in on 4000 miles on this nutty
horse.  We were wondering about when it was time to retire him, but he'll be
out on the trail as long as he is able.  He is sure still willing!

see ya, and hopefully on Warpaint's back!

nick