Re: [RC] AERC National Championship ride FUNDING

Jim,

I'm going to refer this to Randy Eiland since he is a major proponent of the
National Championship and was the ride manager for the first two years using
this format.  I know over the years there have been different formats
attempted in order to have a national championship event.  The first one I
recall was when there was a championship ride in each region. 2 or 3 regions
would have it on the same date, and there would be one final one in one of
the regions and whoever accumulated the most points during those 3 rides
would be champion.  The problem was you had to really be able to do all
three to really be competitive.
I actually don't remember ever there being a ballot regarding the national
championship.  Do you think the majority of the riders would be willing to
add more to their dues to help support the championship ride?  Do you think
the majority of the membership would not want to see their dues money go to
help underwrite the ride?

I'm sending a copy of this to the AERC office to see if they remember a
ballot ever going out regarding a championship ride, but they are really
busy right now getting ready for Reno so the answer may have to wait until
sometime next week.

Terry