International funding

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Holland" <lanconn@tds.net>
To: "Terry Woolley" <cancer@simplyweb.net>; "Ridecamp"
<ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 5:41 PM
Subject: [RC] AERC National Championship ride FUNDING

> OK, since no one else stepped up and you made this statement, I will ask
> YOU directly the question I have being trying to get answered:
>
> How many $$$$ in REAL AERC funds do we spend on International Riding and
> what percent of the membership participates? Was the membership given
> an opportunity for input on the use of these funds for that purpose? Did
> THOSE funds come from membership dues?
>
> I WILL get an answer to this...sooner or later...
>
> Jim, Sun of Dimanche and Mahada Magic

Jim,

You can have your answer now.  I looked at the profit and loss statement for
the period December, 2000, to November, 2001 which was our last ride year.

The actual $$ allocated and spent for and by the international committee
during that time period was $1,610, (out of $545,356 expenditures), which is
a percentage of the expenditures of 0.0029%.  Now all of the monies
generated do not come just from the dues of course.  In that same period the
revenue generated just from dues and the sundowner new member discount was
$263,222. which then means the percentage of monies spent of the membership
generated funds would be 0.0061% for the international committee.

Now if I look closely at the funds generated during that time period, all of
the above is moot because in addition to the $263,222 in money generated by
dues, there was an additional $4,400 money generated by INTERNATIONAL DUES.
So while I was correct in that only about 1% of the membership participates
in international rides, it would appear that almost 10% of the membership is
willing to contribute an extra $10 toward international competition.  So
while last year only $1,610 was spent by the international committee, there
are more funds in their account which is designated for international
competition promotion.

So I guess the bottom line to your questions are:

Was the membership given
> an opportunity for input on the use of these funds for that purpose?

Yes, those interested in international sent in an extra $10.

Did
> THOSE funds come from membership dues?

No, just international dues.

Terry