Re: RC: Re: conditioning riders

Thanks for your frank advice and encouragement.  I remember well how awful
my first 50 was....I was NOT prepared.  I want to be prepared for a 100.
However, if I wait until all the variables are "aligned with the moon" or
whatever constitutes the "right" time, I may never do it.  I have to do what
I can to prepare myself mentally and physically (let's face it, I am
overweight, diabetic, almost 40 and in my daughter's eyes, I have one foot
in the grave) but I have seen so MANY people who you wouldn't think could
fight their way out of a paper bag finish a 100, people older, heavier
and/or in (seemingly) worse shape than I am that I feel ashamed NOT to try!!
I hope to soon feel that "rush" you speak of and my only concern then will
be the possible addiction I may then have for 100 milers!  :)  Thanks again,
Truman!!!  You will ALL hear about my first 100 when it happens!
Maggie