Re: RC: Re: conditioning riders

At 06:45 PM 2/18/2002 -0500, Maggie Mieske wrote:
>Is it easier to complete a 100 mile ALONE or in
>COMPANY?

It's easier in the company of your horse :+).  I prefer to ride alone
simply because on a 100 I think you need to ride your own ride more than at
any other time.  I really like to be alone in the dark, just the peace and
quiet and serenity of me on my horse in the moonlight under the
stars.  Saturday was nice because I got to do the 100 mile ride with both
of my horses, how much better could life be.

The way I look at it is that I can't wait until it gets dark.  It'll be
cooler then, less crowded at the vet checks because if there are other
distances in the ride, they will be finished, and a large % of the 100's
will be out by then.  The adrenalin really kicks in then too.

Remember, you also have to feel sorry for all the other shorter distance
riders, who are already in bed asleep (after eating, showering,
etc.).  Poor things.  Lucky you, still out on your horse, riding.....yeah!!!!