Re: conditioning riders

Somebody here once said to not think of it as a 100 mile ride but as 4 25s!
State of mind, right?  I have a question... I want to try a 100.  I thought
a 50 would kill me.  (Of course, I put a rib out of place which didn't
help).  But I lived.  Is it easier to complete a 100 mile ALONE or in
COMPANY?  I think putting a small group together where we can ride in pairs,
switch off and occasionally ride in a group of four might help "me" finish.
What is the consensus here?
Maggie