<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] PULL CODES
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:39:27 GMT 2003
  • - KimFue
  • - Tom Dean

    RE: [RC] PULL CODES - Bob Morris

    Come on folks! Just what age are all of you? Endurance is competition. In competition there is only one winner. We recognize this but assuage the demeanor of the rest of the contestants by awarding numerical placing as well as points. If you do not complete the prescribed course you get neither the first place award nor do you get the other numerical placing or points. Now, we felt that in the interests of having more completers it might be a good idea to know why some of the contestants did not complete. Were they pulled for being lame or were they metabolically impaired or did the rider have a problem.

    This was the start. Now, I do not care how simple or how complex the journey it begins with the first step. Guess what? The first step, the acquisition of some initial basic data failed. We did not even get the first step done and we FAILED. Why? Because the contestants foresaw a stigma. A very large stigma at that. Currently the life philosophy is that the individual CANNOT FAIL. If a failure is recognized the ego and the id are thus compromised and it will affect the individual for life.

    How do I know this? Because I have failed many times and every time I failed I was made to realize I had FAILED. It affected me greatly. I LEARNED FROM THOSE FAILURES.

    Guess most of you do not care to learn.

    Bob

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises