Re: RC: XP 2001

Hi Kim:   I think that those two horses did well in particular not just
because they were so capable (which they were, obviously), but because of
how they were managed by their riders.  The successful riders paid
attention to every detail and rode carefully.  Our horses (of all breeds)
are capable of so much.

Carol and John both did a great job.  Carol received the award for Best
Performance on the ride.  Sunny (aka Energizer) is a neat little horse.  If
you look in the national awards, you'll see that John placed 2nd in
National Mileage, they completed several more rides since the XP
ended.  (you may also notice that the 1st place national mileage horse is
not an Arabian)  My two Arabians have done several more rides and have
completed 2,950 miles between June and December.  Not too bad for Arabs
<G>.  btw, most of the riders brought more than one horse and alternated
them -- lots of different goals and accomplishments on this ride.

Next time anything like this is done we'll have a lot more people riding
individual horses more days, or people alternating horses and riding them
each more miles.  A lot was learned, and I'm sure it won't be wasted.  The
entire XP ride results, in spreadsheet layout are up on the www.xprides.com
website.  You have to click on the link to "results".  btw, any XP riders
who notice any errors, please email The Duck (link on the website) and let
him know.

Happy Trails,  Karen & Weaver & Rocky :+)