RE: Biotin Shortage

Karen Standefer hrschk
One of the most available sources for biotin is in Flaxseed.  Linseed meal
is the flaxseed ground with the oil removed.  You should be able to get
that at most feed mills.  If not, try:

www.horsetech.com

They have several supplements that are based in Flaxseed.  I have been
impressed with their quality and customer service.  They do a custom mix
for me that I have had great results with.

Karen

Went to order some more Biotin-plus and noticed in one of my catalogs
(Valley
Vet Supply) an asterisk by all the biotin products, with a footnote saying
that due to a severe biotin shortage anyone interested in these products
should call for a quote on prices.  Uh oh, that didn't sound good.  (I
know
it doesn't matter to some people, but to me it's always seemed like if I
have
to ask the price, I can't afford it!).
    Then my American Livestock Supply catalog came, and no asterisk by the
biotin products.  Oh good.  Valley Vet must be confused or something.
Called
to order my Biotin-plus and American Livestock told me that that product
was
on backorder.  So I asked how long of a delay in getting it did they
expect?
Lady on the phone fiddled on her computer a bit, and then said there was
no
way to know . . . there was a shortage of this product!  Well, I ordered
it
anyway and told them to ship when they had it, but has anyone else heard
of
this biotin shortage?  Why would there be a biotin shortage?  That seems
strange.

biotin-less in Great White
Trish