<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] distorted ideas
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:29:20 GMT 2003
  • - Rides 2 Far
  • - Rebecca Hackworth

    Re: [RC] distorted ideas - April Johnson

    Who says that's distorted? I think it's the way it SHOULD be! Raise the kids
    with  the idea of riding longer than an hour. It's healthy for them!

    I ride on Wednesday nights with a group of "arena" folk. They're ready to go
    in after an hour of walk/trot and a little jumping.

    Meanwhile, to keep us from getting bored out of our combined mind, Tanna and
    I fly around the large arena doing figure eights and circles at a canter and
    a trot. I'll generally get in about 6 or 7 miles in an hour or so..just in
    an arena!

    I love the group of people I ride with. I go to socialize mostly. I hang out
    before and after. But we do some boogying when we ride. At least it seems
    that way to my friends. And we're just playing on Wednesday nights. Serious
    training rides are reserved for our "alone" trail rides.

    I call Wednesday nights "brain training." Getting Tanna to do what I ask him
    regardless of what the other horses are doing is great for him.

    Anyway, very cute story. I chuckled and my hubby demanded I tell him what
    was so funny. :)

    I finally get to do a training ride tomorrow morning! I'm going to head out
    with Tanna at 4 AM to get to a trail at 5 and be riding at 5:30. It's just
    too hot the later in the day it gets! I can sleep in the air conditioning in
    the afternoon! LOL.

    April (fun, ride time!!)
    Tanna (Yawn.)
    Serts (Hey, come BACK FOR ME!!!!)