RE: Good places to live

I have lived in northern, Twin Cities area, and Rochester Minnesota, Montana, SF Bay area of California, central Arizona, and just north of Seattle, Wa.  Each area has many aspects that I love...but the area I live in now suits me best.  I love the trees and the greenery and the temperate weather (not too hot (I don't do heat very well <g> or too cold (I had 14 years of that in northern Minnesota, TYVM! <BG>))  I love the nearness of a very cosmopolitan city where I can go to great theater, restaurants, shopping, and other activities.  I love being near water, either in lake form or the ocean -- here I have both (and a son with a boat. <g>)

I also love to ski, boat, bike, and be a tourist...all of these are near and easily accessible.  The mountains are only an hour away and Vancouver, BC is only two hours away...and a short ferry ride from Vancouver will get you to Victoria for a day excursion.  Yes, it does rain -- but that's what makes it so beautiful.  We don't get scorching heat or tons of snow and have few bugs (lotsa slugs, tho <g>) and very few poisonous critters, if any.

I love riding and the easy accessibility of instructors and clinics to always keep improving my horse knowledge...not forgetting easy access to lots of mountain and foothill trails.  But I love more than just horses and riding!!  I would never move out of this area unless given no other choice.  There are even great retirement areas that a lot less rain but still have the mountains and the ocean and access to Seattle and BC by ferry...and good areas to ride.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.