Re: RC: Getting vets..

>We need to encourage all of these.  I think that all of the first four
>has already reached the much of the saturation point and we need to find
>additional incentives for new vets (and the current ones) to help us
>with more and larger rides.
>
>My point is that as a ride gets larger, the vets should get paid more. A
>vet scale will help that.
>
>Next up. How to decrease the number of vets needed at a ride......
>
>Steve Shaw

Hiya Steve,

I disagree with the concept of paying vets more for larger rides,
unless you simply can't get enough vets, which I guess is your point.

Personally, I feel it's my responsibility as a ride manager to have
MORE vets if there are more riders.  Reducing their workload can have
the effect of encouraging the vets to do the ride in suceeding years.

My own strategy is over 120 riders, 4 vets.  I want the riders to
have short lines, and high quality attention.  I don't think paying
the vets more to do more riders is going to encourage the vets to
want to come back.

Having more vets when there are 2 outchecks makes it easier to lift
and shift coverage for the 50s.  Rides that have all their checks in
camp can decrease the number of vets needed, but there are lots of
reasons why I prefer to ride rides that don't loop through camp,
especially multiple times.

Lynne
Norco Riverdance Ride (PS) 9/1/01
Rem-member Me, Celesteele