Re: RC: Do slow, young horses ever speed up?

Hello Karen,
   well- IF you REALLY dont want to work with her .. sounds like a dud
   ..
   YOU CAN SHIP HER TO ME!!!
   Kidding   ..
   Should make a great 50 miler then 100 miler..

   After Omni  worked through the 'slug' days  - I kept working and
   pushing and 'baiting' him with other horses and my wife's horse ..
   as in 'go get em' and then 'motivate' with a device ( crop)

   Well it worked great. Now after 4 years of working with the
   attitude and getting him working my way, he is going quite fast and
   staying together.

   I bet it will take a few years to get her into the working grove.
   Omni has a blast - and so do I - now that we are going faster and -
   yes - doing some racing .. just had a blast at the last 2 races.

   Guess he may not be good for a 100 miler  now  .. but then who knows.

   You have to ride her with pressure to keep going and pushing out -
   and use the crop and heels - till she figures it out.
   They ALL will get into the speed thing.

   Then again you could ship her to me .. I sure would like a 6 year
   old anglo-arab MARE. I started this sport 25 years ago with one.

   Roger R