RC: Merry Christmas!

I didn't get to ride today, as our dinner was scheduled for 3:30 in the
afternoon.  I was real lazy, didn't get out of bed til late, laid around and
watched a movie, then jumped in the shower to get ready for dinner.  Decided
to at least go out and see Fog, who is boarded.  Took her a carrot, and
turned her out on pasture, which is a rare treat in the winter.  She galloped
and trotted around snorting and bucking and standing up boxing.  SO
BEAUTIFUL!  Even in the dead of winter, all shaggy, I  can see her muscles
work and admire her strength.  I am SO BLESSED to be able to share my life
with such a remarkable creature.  I left her out while we went for dinner,
and when I came back she was waiting at the gate for me (or at least for the
little bit of grain and goodies she knows I always give her).

AND the stray, wild black kitty that I've been working on building trust with
for about two months let me pet him!  If only peace among humans was so easy
as kind words and attention and food and strokes.

I'm wishing that you all got whatever your hearts desire for Christmas.  I
know I did, a happy 16 yr old son, healthy parents, and my critters.  jeri