Re: suspensory ligament and blistering

Find another vet.  Blistering went out with leeches.  My vet clinic would recommend: Stall rest, then hand walking starting with 15 min per day, increasing incrementally.  Small paddock in a month, light riding at a walk in 2 months.  If you want optimum healing they ultra sound each month to decide on the next months treatment etc.

I have never had horses that would put up with all that stall rest, and do not have the time for all the hand walking.  I have had good luck with small paddock, some hand walking, then light riding in a couple of months, light training in 4 to 6 months.

Another ultra sound as training starts, or if any heat or suspected unsoundness during training helps also.
Ed Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016
sisufarm@mmmpcc.org